My mom and grandpa were gracious enough to make a whirlwind trip out in order to drive the girls and I back with them. So, four generations in the car loaded up and headed east. The girls could not have been any better, and we had a great trip.
While we were in Iowa we met up with my sweet college roommate Kari and her son Lucas. We took the kids to the Iowa Children's Museum, which was great. We also visited my mom's parents and were able to see my Aunt Jana, Uncle John, and my cousin David and his little girls.
Isabella also learned that when in Iowa, one must act like an Iowan. She learned the Iowa song, shucked corn, went fishing, and sweated it out in the heat and humidity (heat index of about 115 degrees). The one thing that we didn't get to do was go to the Iowa State Fair. I really wanted to take Catherine to the fair, but it was way too hot. I guess the Butter Cow will just have to wait til next year.
There are lots of pictures, and they are not in order. But, I will do my best to describe each one to you.
No comments:
Post a Comment