UNDER CONSTRUCTION

We are in the process of updating our blog, so bear with us as we dig back through the past several months...think Christmas in July!

Friday, August 22, 2008

Iowa State Fair




When in Iowa, do as the Iowans do!


And, they do the Iowa State Fair.

My dad, Isabella, and I were joined by my two cousins,
Keelin and Anna, and my Aunt Fran. Only my dad had
ever been to the fair before, so we were all in for a treat!


We looked at the animals first, and were all amazed at
the size of the winners! We stopped at gawked at the
biggest Ram, Boar, and Bull! We also saw a few Belgian
horses and the little mini horses too. We learned what 4-H
stands for (head, heart, hands, health), and four of us
(excluding my dad and I) rode a school bus for the first time!


We each came with different goals. I wanted a funnel cake,
my cousins wanted to see a cow, my aunt wanted to stay
away from the rides, Isabella wanted to take it all in, and
my dad wanted to check out the Butter Cow. You heard me,
a life-sized cow made completely out of butter!


The weather was beautiful! We couldn't have asked for a
better day. Isabella had a wonderful time, and even got
her first tattoo, although Daddy made her take it off!



2 comments:

Emily said...

I love the fair - state, county, whatever! Where else can you see (and smell) loads of animals and eat fried foods until you pass out from heat exhaustion?

Meghan said...

I also love the fair! Now I'm feeling nostalgic...