UNDER CONSTRUCTION

We are in the process of updating our blog, so bear with us as we dig back through the past several months...think Christmas in July!

Monday, June 23, 2008

CABIN FEVER!


 
We have been blessed with such wonderful friends in our lives.  Nick Maccarrone and Anthony have been friends since middle school!  Nick's wife, Christina, and I were instant friends!  They have been gracious enough to invite us up to their family's cabin near Steamboat Springs, Colorado.  The last time both Anthony and I were there together was right before Isabella was born (LABOR Day weekend!) It was so much fun to get out of town and away for the weekend.  
Anthony enjoyed his days at the cabin riding the four-wheelers, hanging out by the camp fire, and enjoying his family and friends!  Isabella loved playing on the floor with other kids, swiping sweet treats from loved ones, and staying awake all night!  Lisa chose to "hang" with the ladies!  She rode the four-wheelers reluctantly, ate, drank coffe and relaxed, ate, went on a mini hike, ate, and truly enjoyed each and every moment!
We were both convinced that after so much fun and such a busy weekend that Isabella would sleep the entire way home!  Neither one of us were surprised when her eyes were closed before we had even left the driveway!  However, we were both SHOCKED when her eyeballs were WIDE open as soon as we hit Kremmling, 25 minutes down the road!  Lucky for us, the next 2ish hours went by relatively fast since our little darling was awake the entire time!  What happened to the baby that slept the whole way to Iowa in February???


2 comments:

Meghan said...

I just wanted to say hello - I've been sneakily reading your blog for a little while now, but Emily said I could leave comments if I wanted to....because I've been wanting to - I just wasn't sure it was OK. I hope it's OK.:) Isabella is the sweetest baby ever!! I'm totally jealous of her red hair! I want a baby with red hair - alas, that's probably not going to happen......

Unknown said...

This will just be great to pass on to Isabella some day. You will be so thankful that you captured all these memories and wrote them down while they were fresh in your mind. My husband and I often regret that we have forgotten some of the best moments because we didn't write them down.